Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Adios Elder Gonzales

Sent: Monday, February 15, 2010 12:45 PM

Buenas Tardes family and friends!

Sounds like you all are enjoying some warmer weather as things are starting to cool down here! It's always great to hear how things are going at home and in the ward! The tourist season is almost over and things are finally starting to settle down. Apparently it is going to be a whole different place in March when all the tourists are gone, but should bring some nice changes as well (everything is really expensive right now because they raise all the prices during vacation season).

Biggest news for this week is that my third transfer is over and Elder Gonzales left for Buenos Aires yesterday to his new area in Adrogue after spending 7 months here in Santa Teresita. My new companion Elder Ader from the USA will be arriving tonight around 10 pm, and other than that I know absolutely nothing about him. I was hoping for another Latino but at the same time it will be a big relief to be able to speak some English in the pension. Right now I am with Elder Coñuñir from Chile who also is waiting for his new companion here in San Clemente. His old companion, Elder Rice, was our district leader, and our new district leader is in a city called Dolores an hour and a half by bus from where we are, so it will be interesting making that long trip once a week for district meeting.

Other exciting news, yesterday I got to talk to Elder Spence who is staying in Fiorito for yet ANOTHER transfer (this will be his 6th transfer = 9 months). Apparently Jorge and Alejandra are both doing really well and are both still active in the church. As you can imagine I was and am VERY HAPPY to know that. He said that Alejandra always prays for me as "her best friend Elder Wheelhouse". I was very humbled to hear that and it's amazing the joy that comes from bringing people to a greater knowledge of their Savior Jesus Christ and his church. I also feel a great responsibility as it says in the Mission Manual to always live worthy of the trust of the people that I come in contact with and great desires to keep in contact with them!

Yesterday I also had my first opportunity to teach Gospel Principles which I was a little nervous for because I had about 5 minutes notice, but it ended up being very easy. We had a small class of 6 recent converts and investigators and the new Gospel Principles book is AWESOME. We had a great discussion about the Creation and it made me think a lot of all the amazing things that God has created for us to enjoy. Everyone participated which was really nice because it made it a lot easier for me and there were some great comments.

Anyways, that's all from me for this week. Hope you all had a Happy Valentines Day and have a great week!

Les amo mucho!
Elder Ian Wheelhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment