Monday, February 1, 2010

Hace MUCHO Calor!

[”Besitos” are “little kisses” on the cheek and are a customary greeting/farewell between friends and acquaintances in Uruguay and Argentina (and elsewhere). Missionaries have to be alert to avoid incoming besitos from young women. -- Scott]

Mis queridos familiares y amigos,

Very hot week here in the Coast with a big rainstorm yesterday to make the humidity today even worse. In case you wanted to know I am sweating like crazy just sitting here typing this email. Dad and Kristine, thank you for the updates on all the happenings back home, sounds like everyone is doing well and keeping busy! It’s good to hear Tyler, Jason, and Jonny are doing well, I wish I could keep in contact with them, but I’m sure we’ll have an "Alma y Sons of Mosiah" reuniting party when we are all back home one day. I’m glad they are doing well, and what a great blessing to be in the service of the Lord.

This week we received a call from a Bishop that was visiting here from Italy with his family, and his sister from Buenos Aires, asking us to come visit them and share a message. Of course we’re not going to turn down an opportunity where someone ASKS us to come teach them, so we set an appointment and passed by later that day. Turns out that the Sister from Buenos Aires recently came in contact with the Assistants from our mission (Elder Woolley and Elder Moreno) and has met with them twice in Adrogue. There was a little bit of pressure knowing that our teaching would be compared with that of the Assistants, but we were able to read with her in Moroni 10 and testify of the Book of Mormon, and as always it is AWESOME to have a member there to share their testimony as well. It was fun talking with them and getting to know their family a little bit. It turns out that this bishop from Italy has 3 children that are on missions right now (Greece, Argentina Buenos Aires Norte, y Spain Madrid), one that we figured happened to be in the MTC with me for 3 days.

Yesterday I also had my first opportunity to give a blessing in Spanish. I was on divisions with our ward mission leader and we passed by an Hermana from our Branch that wasn’t in church that morning, and apparently she is having lots of problems and has been sick lately to make things worse. I was a little caught of guard when she asked me to give the blessing and a little worried at first about not knowing what to say, but as I started speaking the words came and as far as I know I think they understood the words coming out of my mouth. What a blessing to have the Priesthood and it was a great experience that strengthened my testimony that that power really comes from our Heavenly Father.

I hope you all have a fantastic week and as always I would love to hear from all of you next week! Thank you for your prayers and support!

Con mucho amor y Argentine besitos :P,

Elder Wheelhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment