Monday, January 25, 2010

Nice Haircut Kyle!

¡Buenos dias hermanos y hermanas!

I figured that hearing (and seeing) that Kyle got a haircut was news worthy of being the subject of my weekly email, so asi es [so it is]. It looks nice Kyle and I'm sure it feels nice too. It's always great to hear from you (mom and dad) each week and hearing what everybody is up to. Kristen I hope you have a great birthday this week and hopefully you get your card in the mail if you haven't already... We had a pretty good week here and are continuing to enjoy the sun and the sand here in Santa Teresita!

This week I had my first big missionary vs dog experience. When we are riding our bikes down the street there are always dogs EVERYWHERE, and for the most part they are all really tranquilo [mellow], but then there are also those that for some reason enjoy chasing anything that is moving quickly down the street. For the most part when these dogs chase you they just bark and follow you really closely and don't do anything, but this week I had a dog that actually wanted to eat my leg. Luckily it only bit into my shoe but it ripped a seam by my heel before I was able to kick it (it was probably really entertaining to watch as you can imagine).

This week I also had a great experience with prayer in finding something that I had lost. We were working one day in an area pretty far from our pension, riding our bikes all day in the sand all over the place. When we arrived at one of our investigator's houses I realized something didn't feel right and that my Missionary Manual was missing out of my back pocket... my missionary manual that had a copy of my Passport, all the mission phone numbers and information, and 87 pesos inside [about $23]. When we got back to the pension I was pretty bummed because I basically didn't have any more mission money for the month to use to buy food etc, and also it would be a hassle to get a new one. We made plans the next day to pass by the area where we were working to visit some investigators and to see if my mission manual was still in the street somewhere and prayed that I would be able to find it. We ended up not being able to go because we had to work in a different area and had a service project that lasted longer than we thought it would. The next day I realized that I probably would never find it again, when I noticed that we had a voice message on our cell phone. I called my companion over to make sure at least he understood what the person was saying, when to my suprise the message was from a man speaking almost perfect english saying that he had come across my mission manual. We called the number back and it turns out that it was the man who was the Translator for David A Bednar when he came to speak to us, and that his son who is here in Santa Teresita for vacation came across my mission manual when he was walking in the street one day... with all my money and everything still inside. We met up with his son and I got my mission manual back! :) I was very grateful and I know Our Heavenly Father is aware of us and our needs and listens to and answers our prayers.

That's about all the exciting news from me for this week. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week and stay warm! I wish I could share a little bit of sun with you!

Les quiero Mucho,

Elder Ian Wheelhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment