Monday, October 11, 2010

Allergies :(

Dear family and friends,

The spring here is beautiful... nice weather, beautiful flowers, fresh air... all until the pollen gets in the air and allergies smack you in the face! Not feeling good at all and it´s been a rough couple days! Aside from feeling terrible physically... everything else is going pretty well here in Wilde! Just a heads up before I forget... I won´t have another pday until Wednesday, so when you don´t hear from me next Monday don´t be suprised! I don´t know exactly why but they moved transfers ahead 5 days. Rumor has it that Elder Andersen may be coming to visit the mission...

Just got done with a great zone activity. Cooked a tasty Asado and watched Meet the Robinsons. Luckily I had a bit of time to practice the song I will be playing next week in Sacrament meeting for several Hermanas in our Ward to sing. Coming along nicely... but I still need to learn MY part! Always fun to get together with the other missionaries and get to know them better.

This week I finally had my first interview with President Stapley (I think I was the very last missionary in the mission to get an interview with him.) It went really well! For our first interview he just spent some time getting to know me. He was pretty excited to hear that in our family we have 5 boys and 3 girls... same as his family. It was fun getting to know him and I could feel the love that he has for each of the missionaries in this mission. Very grateful to be able to serve with him and learn from him. I think he will have great success in his time here and has already made some big improvements to the mission!

It has been a good week here in Wilde. Elder Alvarez is basically a stud. We have gotten to the point in our time together where we start to find little things that annoy us... but we have been able to talk things out and resolve problems that would keep us from having unity as a companionship! Not sure what is going to happen for this next transfer... He has almost 6 months here in the area so chances are pretty good that he will be going to a new area and I will be recieving a new comp... Exciting news to look forward to for next week, who knows I could even end up in a new area.

We had several investigators in church yesterday including Louisa. We passed by her house yesterday morning and took a taxi with her to the church. She has been looking for the "one true church" and during sacrament meeting turned to us and told us that she has found what she has been looking for. Great lady! We just have a really hard time teaching her because she LOOOVES to talk and get off topic. My comp and I are trying to figure out the best way to be able to help her learn the things she needs to learn in preperation for Baptism... but we both have faith she will make it there sooner or later! She´s already committed herself to continue going to church!

We found an awesome kid this week named Braian (14). Very intelligent kid... I think he is a bit autistic actually. Basically he reads the Bible for fun and he has a great knowledge about spiritual things. He has been going to an Evangelist church for the last several years with some other people in his neighborhood... but he loves to talk about God with people and seemed very interested in what we do as missionaries. We taught him the Restoration and shared the Book of Mormon with him and at first he was very hesitant to accept it saying that his whole life he hadn´t known anything but the Bible... But we explained to him that he could recieve an answer from God if what we shared was true which he agreed with and accepted the invitation to read it. We all knelt down together and he said the prayer at the end of the lesson and it was one of the most sincere prayers I have ever heard... obviously he spends a lot of time praying and speaking with our Heavenly Father. Said he will continue to think and pray about if this is the path that God wnats him to follow.

That´s all for this week! Time to get back to work already! Happy Argentine Mothers Day to all you Mothers this Sunday! Too bad we don´t get to make an extra call home ;) but I think my companion has gotten special permission to call home that day... Not too much longer til Christmas!

les amo
Elder Ian Wheelhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment