Monday, June 21, 2010

Back to the mainland!

Hello family and friends!

Hope you all had a great fathers day and what sounds like another busy week! Here in Argentina we are celebrating the first day as winter as well as Flag Day, which was supposed to be yesterday but got moved to today to not conflict with fathers day. I guess the biggest news for this week is transfers. I said goodbye to Santa Teresita yesterday, and will likely never enjoy living so close to a beach ever again in my whole life! I am in a new area called Parque Baron in the zone of Banfield (my first zone) with Elder Gundestrup from Riverton, Utah. I will likely get to do "intercambios" in Fiorito from time to time, and am very much looking forward to that. :) I haven´t been to my area yet, so can´t really tell you much about how it is, but I will definitely have to adapt to the busy/upbeat/crowded lifestyle of Buenos Aires again. It has really been a shock seeing so many people in the streets!

This last week with Elder McClurg has been great. It really was such a blessing and privilege to get to serve with him. We had 3 investigators at church yesterday, Julio y Carolina came with their family, and I gave my 5th and final talk in the area. Of course it was tough to say goodbye to the families and investigators I have come to love in the last 6 months, but it is good to know that they are in good hands with Elder McClurg! We have had some success in the area but it definitely has not come easily. We have several investigators who could be ready for baptism next transfer and it has been a great strength to me to be able to find and teach these people who the Lord has prepared.

We stayed in the mission home again last night and enjoyed tasty homemade cinnamon rolls Hna. Asay made for us. We spent the night in an apartment they have behind the mission home y thoroughly enjoyed walking around on CARPET. One of my zone leaders from the coast also stayed with us who is going home today and it was fun talking to him and hearing some of his experiences and wisdom he has gained in the mission. Woke up to a nice HOT shower and Oatmeal with brown sugar and raisins. Hermana Asay takes good care of us. :)

Today we had transfer meeting, the first one I have been to since I went down to the coast. It was great to see all my buddies from the MTC and my old companions. There is always a great spirit their hearing from all the missionaries who are going home and to hear from Pres. y Hna. Asay. It was extra special this time since it is their "farewell" as well as another couple from Orem who has been serving in the offices. Hna Asay also gave out hugs to every missionary. They will definitely be grately missed. It is weird to think that the President I will have for the majority of my mission isn´t even here yet!

Have a great week! Thank you for your prayers!

Les amo,
Elder Ian Wheelhouse
PS I got my package today and am looking forward very much to make some hot chocolate tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment